Monday 2 December 2013

Sound: SFX

I didn't use any sound from the actual shoot.

Glitch Pack

I downloaded a pack of glitchy sounds which sound like a loss of signal for tv and radio which perfectly fit the RGB split and I feel added to the enigmatic feel, matching the thriller genre.

Post Recording

I used a Zoom audio recorder to capture:
-scratches
-glasses clinking
-heavy breathing
-footsteps (running and walking)
-fork scratching a surface and being placed
-Nail tapping on table

Breath Sound

I'm a fan of a cartoonist called Don Hertzfeldt who used this heavy inhale sound at the start of the film, 'It's such a beautiful day' which I think takes your breath away just from hearing it so I thought it would be relevant to start my film with this. It doesn't involve an exhale which leaves the audience on edge.

Stabbing Sound

Downloaded from a site featuring lots of sword sound effects.

Bass Boom

I used the bass boom effect quite a lot as it just adds drama to everything. I use this as a signature sound in most of my videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment